Instagram addict? If you're studying abroad in Dublin, take note; here are 10 of our favorite places to take snap away in this CAPA global city!
1. DOORS OF DUBLIN. The famous brightly-painted doors can be seen all over Dublin, and have become such a difining characteristic of the city. However you frame them with your lens, they’ll certainly add a splash of colour to your Instagram palette. #NoFilterNeeded!
3 related hashtags: #dublindoors, #doorsofdublin #doors #doorsofinstagram
2. PORTOBELLO GRAND CANAL. At less than a 10-minute walk from Griffith College, the Grand Canal is the perfect spot to capture the barges drifting along the canal or the reflection of the trees and bridges in the water. You might even spot some ducks with their ducklings along the way for a touch on insta-cuteness!
3 related hashtags: #grandcanaldublin, #waterwaysireland, #grandcanal
3. STREET ART & GRAFFITI. Dublin is alive with street art and graffiti – every corner you turn, expect to find a colourful scribble or picture with a meaning; there's lots to make you smile at and lots to make you think about. Whether you share the images as they are or use them as vibrant selfie backgrounds, the public art in Dublin is sure to inspire.
3 related hashtags: #streetartdublin, #dublinstreetart, #dublingraffiti
4. IVEAGH GARDENS. The Iveagh Gardens are a hidden gem in the heart of Dublin, a secret green space full of sculptures, pathways and roses. There is lots of gorgeous scenery to keep you snap-happy here: landscaped gardens, gorgeous trees – not to mention a waterfall!
3 related hashtags: #iveaghgardens, #iveagh, #dublinparks
5. TRINITY COLLEGE LIBRARY. Some describe The Long Room in Trinity College Library as “The Hogwarts away from Hogwarts”! One look and you’ll understand why; with floor to ceiling books, dark wood, and a dramatic vaulted ceiling, Trinity College Library is certainly not one to disappoint an Instagrammer!
3 related hashtags: #trinitycollege #thelongroom #trinitycollegelibrary
6. POOLBEG CHIMNEYS. The iconic Poolbeg Chimneys are a huge part of Dublin’s skyline. The unmistakable tall, stripy red and white towers make a great contrast against Dublin’s sky; no matter what the weather is like (or what filter you’d like to use!).
3 related hashtags: #poolbegchimneys, #poolbeg #skiesofdublin
7. GEORGE'S STREET ARCADE. The Victorian arcade is sure to catch your gaze as you stroll down South Great George’s Street. The stunning architecture the outside and the inside is something to feast your eyes (and camera lens!) on.
3 related hashtags: #georgesarcade, #georgesstreet, #dublinarchitecture
8. RIVER LIFFEY. There are over 16 bridges spanning the River Liffey, each one with their own beauty and tale to tell. No two photographs along the Liffey are the same. The buildings, the weather, time of day, and seasons can change everything; leaving you longing to come back for more!
3 related hashtags: #riverliffey, #hapennybridge, #liffey
9. FOOD. The food in Dublin is "something to write home about”! Many of Dublin’s local cafes and top eateries will make you feel like Instagramming right down to the very last crumb. We all know there’s nothing like coming across a great foodie snap to get your taste buds tingling!
3 related hashtags: #dublinfood, #dublinfoodie, #dublinfoodporn
10. A SUNNY DAY! It is certainly worth snapping a few pics around Dublin when the sun is shining because, let’s be honest – it might not last! With a bit of sun and a fully charged phone, Dublin is your oyster and Instagram is your canvas.
3 related hashtags: #dublininthesun #dublinsunshine #sublinsun
You'll need some hashtags, of course, so here are 10 to keep an eye on:
#dublin, #lovedublin, #dublindiaries, #dublindaily, #thedublinbible, #dublincity, #lovindublin, #instaireland, #capturingdublin, #dublinstreetart