Meet Caleb Kostreva, official CAPA blogger in Shanghai for fall 2016:
University: Howard Payne University
Major: Public Policy and Civic Leadership; Social Science (Global Studies emphasis)
Study abroad location: Shanghai, China
- - -
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
Interacting with people of diverse cultural and personal ideologies!
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
Hammocking, playing the piano, and cooking
What's one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope to find somewhere to volunteer.
What's one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
Understanding the Chinese culture and political system more.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
You will get a new perspective of Shanghai's face, and a closer look beneath it to the side of the global city that the average tourist never sees.
Anything else you'd like to say to people reading for the first time?
Wherever you travel, make sure to explore the side of your location beyond what you see in magazines and on Pinterest. I hope that in my blog, you will be able to see some tourist sites, but also the side of Shanghai that only the locals know!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Adventure is Out There (So Go Experience It!)
- Arriving...and Arrived! The Journey to Shanghai
- A Chinese Cultural Experience: Visiting a Hot Pot Restaurant
- There and Back Again: A Short Excursion to Beijing
- Exploring Shanghai: My First Night Market Experience
- Chinese National Day: Climbing Mountains & Other Adventures
- Study Abroad in Shanghai: Finding Peace in a City of 24 Million
- Europe & Ancient China: Both in One Place
- Foreigners in China: A Look at Identity in Shanghai
- You Can't Come to China...
- Shanghai Disney: American with an Asian Flair
- Exploring Suzhou, China: The Venice of the Orient
- Stretch Yourself: 10 Recommendations to Make Your Trip to Shanghai Worth It
- Exploring Hangzhou: China's Paradise
- What to Expect from Classes in Shanghai
- The Illusion of Fear: Reflecting on a Semester in Shanghai