Meet Katrina Deisler, official CAPA blogger in London for fall 2016:
University: Rollins College
Study abroad location: London
Internship placement: Beauty and the Dirt
- - -
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I'm most excited to step outside of my comfort zone and study and intern in a new place. I can't wait to see London with some of my best friends and make memories with new ones.
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
I love exploring new places and I'm lucky enough to live in an area where there is always something new to see. I've had horses my whole life and love riding my horse, Tucker. My favorite way to spend free time is having a good meal with friends.
What's one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope to push myself outside of my comfort zone and try things I wouldn't ordinarily do. I also hope to leave London with friends I didn't have before I arrived.
What's one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope to make professional connections that will last into my adult career and have written work to add to my portfolio (TBD on my internship placement)
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
Readers can look forward to hearing about my progress throughout my internship and coursework. I also plan to detail my excursions to other places in Europe (hello, Paris!) and some of my favorite attractions in the city.
Anything else you'd like to say to people reading for the first time?
I'm so excited for this amazing opportunity and look forward to new experiences.
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- A New Semester in a New Home
- Arriving in London & Study Abroad Orientation
- A London Internship at Beauty and the Dirt: The First Day
- A London My Global Education Event: A Riverboat Tour & Greenwich
- Keeping in Touch While Abroad
- A CAPA London Trip to Paris: Expectations vs. Reality
- CAPA's Core Values in Action
- 10 Best Ways to Spend a Weekend in London
- 3 Different Internship Experiences in London
- Observations on Cultural Differences & Stereotypes Abroad
- How to Celebrate Thanksgiving in London
- Why We Travel
- Travel: A Weekend in Oxford, England
- A Day in the Life of a CAPA London Student
- A Very Merry Homecoming
Profile photo credit: The Weber Photographers