Meet Matthew Benczkowski, official CAPA blogger in Sydney for fall 2016:
University: University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Campus
Major: Molecular Biology
Study abroad location: Sydney, Australia
Internship or volunteer placement: TBC
- - -
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
New adventure, meeting new people and ultimately the change of living in a new, foreign country.
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
science research, kayaking, golf
What's one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
Embrace the difficulties and hardships that come with living away from home and my family, also to say that I have successfully been halfway around the world.
What's one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I would like to hope to obtain as much knowledge as possible about global cities, the history of Australia, and Australia as a country.
What can we look forward to seeing in your videos?
Definitely look forward to photography and my adventure as I try new things and discover new places.
Anything else you'd like to say to people watching for the first time?
Keep reading and maybe I'll convince you to come to Australia someday, too!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- The Flight I Never Thought I Would Take (And the List Taking Me There)
- Westering "Home": Arriving in Sydney
- Getting Lost in the Best Possible Way
- Conserving Money in the 5th Most Expensive City in the World
- 6 Tips for Staying in Touch When You Study Abroad
- Studying Abroad in Sydney: What Classes Are Like
- Social Issues in Sydney: Sustainability
- Top 10 Places In & Around Sydney to Spend Free Days & Long Weekends
- Celebrating My Birthday Abroad in Fiji
- Personalized Learning, Cultural Engagement & Academic Rigor in Study Abroad
- 7 Lessons I've Learned While Studying Abroad
- Advice for Prospective Study Abroad Students