Meet Sara Martin, official CAPA blogger in Sydney for fall 2016, representing the custom program from University of California - Davis:
University: University of California, Davis
Major: Biological Sciences
Study abroad location: Sydney, Australia
Internship placement: Youth Worker at Oasis Crisis Centre
- - -
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
Getting to explore a new part of the world that I never thought I would get to see; visiting the Great Barrier Reefs has always been a dream of mine!
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
Hiking, drawing/writing, and enjoying music.
What's one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
Gaining confidence to explore things independently and meeting new people along the way.
What's one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
Gaining experience working with clients in need; learning how to work with others who are under stress.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
Mostly nature and ecosystems; my interest in biology tends to direct my attention to the science-side of things.
Anything else you'd like to say to people reading for the first time?
You’re in for a tour of Australia through the eyes of a brand-new traveler. Prepare to experience excitement about the simplest things from activating a phone to learning the transportation system!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Preparing to Study & Intern Abroad in Sydney
- The Big City: Just Not The One I'm Used To
- The Best Places to Explore Around Sydney
- A CAPA Sydney My Global Education Event: Featherdale Wildlife Park & the Blue Mountains
- Who Am I? Exploring My Identity Abroad
- Travel: A Visit to Cairns in Queensland, Australia
- Observations on the Culture of Sydney
- Academics Abroad in Sydney: Australian Film & Travel Writing 101
- Interning Abroad in Sydney: OASIS
- Top 10 Sydney Take-aways
- Studying Abroad & The Power of Perspective
- Reflecting on a Study Abroad Semester in Sydney