Meet Genevieve Rice, an official CAPA blogger in London for fall 2018:
University: Anderson University
Major: English Literature with a minor in Creative Writing
Study abroad location: London, England
Internship or volunteer placement: Nursing Times
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I am most excited to be able to explore a city that hosts so many different peoples while maintaining a unique cultural identity. Also, I am ridiculously excited to see the lives of some of my favorite authors come to life as I understand more of their home.
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
I love reading, anything from Dickens to Rowling. I also love coffee and tea, please don't make me chose between them. Lastly, I am an avid journaler.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope to grow in my understanding of Western Europe. I grew up in Eastern Europe, so the west remains a bit of a mystery that I would love to uncover.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
Professionally, I would love to grow in my ability to uncover and present topics that will appeal to many people.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
In my posts, you can look forward to a description of the feel of a place. What makes a place unique is something that I search for whenever I go somewhere new, and it is what I love to write about. So whether it is a local coffee shop tour or a trip around my neighborhood, you can look forward to discovering the places that make study abroad in London special.
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
I am excited to welcome you into my study abroad experience! Whether you are just curious or are looking at study abroad for yourself, I hope that I can help you find what you are looking for!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Choosing to Study Abroad and All the Stops in Between
- Time to Change: Processing and Anticipating My Growth This Semester
- All the Places I Explored During My First Week in London
- A Full-Day Excursion to Bath and Stonehenge
- Three Simple Tasks—Personal Goal Setting During an Internship in London
- Revelations on the Tube
- What Makes CAPA's Academics Unique
- 5 Bookstores in London to Feed Your Inner Bookworm
- Cultural Tastes: 5 Stops on a Diverse Culinary Tour Through London
- Fright Night London: A CAPA Halloween Movie Night
- Guy Fawkes Day: An Escape from Routine
- My Cultural Jenga
- Money & London: 5 Tips for Financing, Budgeting, and Enjoying Your Study Abroad
- A 5-Stop Tour of London's Goldhawk Neighborhood Where CAPA Students Live
- Finding Christmas in London
- Hard Goodbyes: The Bittersweet End of Semester Abroad
- Finding Hope in Endings