Meet Maya Crawford, an official CAPA blogger in Barcelona for fall 2018:
University: University of Massachusetts Lowell
Major: Business Administration with a concentration in Entreprenuership
Study abroad location: Barcelona, Spain
Internship or volunteer placement: TBC
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I am excited for the exposure to so much new culture and art. Also I love cooking so I can’t wait to try new foods, desserts, and to possibly intern at a place centered around food!
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
I am a competition cheerleader, I love baking, and I have been an actress since I was 5 years old.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope to become more independent. I have never been away from home for this amount of time and hope to gain more comfortability with handling things on my own!
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
My internship placement could possibly be centered around marketing and food so I hope to learn more about that in order to start my own business back in America.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
You can look forward to lots of food posts, many great pictures of the beautiful scenery, and I’m hoping to find lots of hidden gems within Barcelona that aren’t just the tourist spots to write about!
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
I am super excited to be the official blogger for CAPA Barcelona, and I can’t wait to share my experience with you guys!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Pre-departure Thoughts Before Heading to Barcelona
- CAPA Orientation in Barcelona: Arriving and Exploring the City
- Understanding the National Day of Catalonia in Spain
- Study Abroad in Barcelona: Accommodation and Housemates
- Tips for Coping with Homesickness While Abroad
- An Internship with The Food Intelligence Company
- What Classes at CAPA Barcelona Are Actually Like
- Heads in the Clouds on a Hike Up Montserrat
- A Week Spent in Rome, Italy and On the Island of Mallorca, Spain
- Top 10 Places to Eat in Barcelona
- 5 Study Abroad Preparation Tips from a CAPA Barcelona Student
- On Being a Minority in a City Like Barcelona
- Taking in All the Barcelona Culture During Our Farewell Celebrations
- How to Handle Language Barriers When Studying Abroad in Barcelona
- 6 Things You Realize at the End of Your Semester Abroad