Meet Payton Meyer, an official CAPA blogger in Florence for fall 2018:
University: University of Colorado at Boulder
Major: Strategic Communication with emphasis in Media Design (Advertising)
Study abroad location: Florence, Italy
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I am most excited to explore Florence and Europe in general, as I have never been and can't wait to see how the culture differs from the U.S.
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
Singing, activism, and writing. I'm passionate about all kinds of activism, mostly environmental and women's rights!
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope to do something out of my comfort zone every day, and not take a single day abroad for granted!
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope to learn how to travel write/blog through both my travel writing class, as well as this CAPA World blogging opportunity, so that I can pursue travel writing/blogging in my professional career.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
You can look forward to reading about my exciting everyday routine in Florence, as well as fun and spontaneous adventures that I will be going on in and around Italy!
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
I am from Colorado and love to travel but have never been to Europe before, so I will be offering my perspective of Florence and wherever else I go as a complete newcomer!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Packing Smart for a Semester in Florence
- How I Overcame Several Travel Hiccups On My Way to Florence
- Sharing My Moments from Venice
- Experiencing Cultural Immersion in Italy Through CAPA's 'Ganzo!' Program
- Taking an Italian Cooking Class
- A 3-Day Stay-cation in Florence, Italy
- The Reality of Moving to a Country Where You Don't Speak the Language
- Comparing My Semester in Florence to Friends' in Madrid and Paris
- Feeling Grateful for Daily Life as a Student in Florence
- An Interview with My Ganzo! Family
- 4 Benefits of Studying Abroad in Florence During the Holiday Season
- 9 Less-Obvious Must-Do's for a Semester in Florence
- How to Take Great Photos of Your Semester Abroad
- A Student's Guide to Street Art in Florence