Meet Casey Rhode, an official CAPA blogger in Dublin for fall 2018:
University: Arizona State University
Major: Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in Communications and English
Study abroad location: Dublin, Ireland
Internship or volunteer placement: TBC
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I am most excited about diving into the Irish culture and comparing it to my life in America.
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
My hobbies include reading, going to concerts, and painting.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
A goal of mine is to learn to step outside my comfort zone and truly enjoy this opportunity.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
A professional goal of mine is to learn how Irish communication is in the Communication/English workplace compared to what they use and do in their everyday lives.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
You can look forward to reading about all the places I travel in and out of Ireland, from the touristy areas to hidden treasures, about what it’s like for me being a student in Ireland, my internship experience, and all the food I am going to try.
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
This is a learning experience for me, but hope I can share everything I learn in a way that makes people feel like they should come visit Ireland and in general study abroad even if it’s not in Ireland.
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- My Family Story Behind My Study Abroad and Travel Experience
- The Places I Visited During My First Week in Dublin
- How to Treat a Traveler's Cold One Irish Tea Shop at a Time
- Exploring Dublin's Irish Museum of Modern Art
- From Dublin to the Cliffs of Moher and Galway City
- A Hectic Birthday Weekend Trip to London
- An Internship with the Griffith College Alumni and Careers Office
- Experiencing Halloween in the Country That Started It All...Ireland!
- Strategizing for Assignment Week in Dublin
- A Mid-Semester Escape to Naxos, Greece
- What It's Actually Like to Spend Thanksgiving with CAPA
- Experiencing My Family History on a Solo Trip to Enniskillen, Northern Ireland
- How I Managed My Mental Health Concerns While Abroad
- Enjoying the Holiday Season in Dublin's YuleYard
- A Successful Project to Wrap Up My Marketing Internship in Dublin
- 10 Pieces of Advice for Those Studying Abroad in Dublin