Meet Christopher Halka, an official CAPA blogger in London for fall 2018:
University: Siena College
Study abroad location: London, England
Internship or volunteer placement: London Edition Hotel
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
Getting to see new places and be able to explore the world, while taking steps towards maturity and becoming more of an adult.
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
Exploring the outdoors, being environmentally conscious, and all things sports related.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
To become a more open and vocal person.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
To gain valuable experience working in a fast-paced office and become more experienced reviewing and processing customer transactions.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
Readers can expect posts loaded with content from my day-to-day experiences highlighting the different events I undergo from my travels abroad, from both my classes and internship, and traveling and experiencing new cultures.
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
Be excited for a fun semester!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- My Thoughts Before Leaving for London
- From Arrival to a Royal Sighting in London
- My New Favorite Thing: Indian Food In London
- 3 Ways Study Abroad Helps You See the World Through a New Lens
- Experiencing London Sub-cultures Inside & Outside the Classroom
- How to Keep in Touch with People Back Home When Studying Abroad
- Top 10 Experiences in London Town Thus Far
- A Day in the Life Interning in London
- How to Spend a 10-Day Fall Break in 5 Different Countries