Meet Jessica Kisluk, an official CAPA blogger in Dublin for fall 2018:
University: SUNY Oswego
Major: Broadcasting and Mass Communication with a minor in Arts Management and Graphic Design
Study abroad location: Dublin, Ireland
Internship or volunteer placement: Screen Directors Guild of Ireland
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I’m most excited to be engulfed in a new culture and meet people from other parts of the world!
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
I love going to concerts, playing any kind of sport, and Polish Folk Dancing.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope to learn how to find the best way to travel around Ireland and around Europe. I love the challenge of figuring out a new public transportation system. I also want to learn more about Celtic history.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope to learn more about my industry in a different environment other than the United States.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
I love to explore and meet interesting people, so I will be sure to write about that!
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
I'm excited to experience the differences in daily life in Ireland. I hope to give you my quirky spin on my life in Dublin, especially because I feel the need to see everything when I'm in a new city.
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- The Countdown is On: Preparing for My Semester in Dublin
- Understanding the Irish Way of Life, Culture, and Academic System
- Getting into Gaelic Football and Supporting the Women's Team
- Learning Irish Dance and Going on a Coastal Adventure
- Kissing the Blarney Stone
- A Trip to the Cliffs of Moher and Galway City
- Highlights from an Educational Excursion to Edinburgh
- 5 Travel Tips for Students to Make the Most Out of Their Time Abroad
- A Tour of Griffith College Campus
- Dublin Grocery Guide
- 10 Things I'll Miss from Studying Abroad in Dublin
- Home for the Holidays - Wrapping Up a Fall Semester Abroad
- An Internship with the Screen Directors Guild of Dublin
- An Overview of Irish Photography Classes I Took at Griffith College