Meet Martyn Megaloudis, an official CAPA blogger in Sydney for fall 2018:
University: University of Pittsburgh
Study abroad location: Sydney, Australia
Internship or volunteer placement: Untapped Australia
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
The thing I’m most excited for during my study abroad semester is finally getting to explore a new country as this is my first time really adventuring past the tri-state area.
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
Hiking, Filmmaking and Movies, and Music. I played percussion for a few years and am starting to learn the Kalimba in my free time. But overall I really like listening and discovering new music last year, on Spotify alone, I listened to 63 days worth of music comprised of 2026 different artists and 102 genres.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
One personal goal that I hope to achieve while abroad is to explore as much of Sydney as humanly possible and interact with the different cultures and people that occupy Sydney.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
One professional goal that I would like to achieve while abroad is develop a greater sense of self agency and independence in my work.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
You can look forward to my adventures as I explore Sydney as a first-time traveler and all of the stories and scrapes that are sure to follow.
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
Hope you enjoy reading my blog posts!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- How My Packing Woes Turned into Pre-Departure Lessons
- Commuting to My Internship on Public Transportation for the First Time
- A Marketing and Communications Internship at Unbridled in Sydney
- Running a 10k at the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival
- A Quick Guide to Music, Art, Architecture, and Nature in Sydney
- 10 Affordable Snacks to Indulge in While in Sydney
- Putting the 'Study' in Study Abroad
- Why Experiencing Other Cultures Helps You Better Understand Your Own
- An Excursion to Featherdale Wildlife Park and the Blue Mountains
- A Guide to Sports in Sydney: From Rugby and Australian Football, to Horse Racing and Beyond
- Hindsight 20/20: Study Abroad Preparation Tips from a Current Sydney Student
- On Study Abroad in Sydney: A Conversation with Program Coordinator Laurence Braude
- Interview: Life as a CAPA Blogger in Sydney
- 3 Veteran Tips for Successfully Ending Your Semester Abroad
- Post-Semester Thoughts for Those Looking to Study Abroad