Meet Daniel Thompson, official CAPA blogger in Shanghai for Spring 2016:
- - -
Hello Everyone! My name is Daniel Thompson and I am vlogging to you live from East China Normal University in Shanghai, China. I am a graduate of Central Islip Public Schools, which is located in Long Island NY, and am currently enrolled at Lebanon Valley College majoring in sociology with a minor in law and society.
My power to connect with students emanates from my roots. Growing up in an “at-risk” community, I have always stood out as an “at-promise” candidate. As a middle school and high school student working the Global Prose program, a Mentor Up and Give Back non-profit, I worked first-hand as a Student Representative for our Human Rights Day at Community Colleges. I participated and co-facilitated at the United Nations Conference on Education. My commitment to education and giving back is unparalleled.
I love to sing and write. Music has always been a strong base in my life. I still have dreams of becoming a Trey Songs or Bruno Mars, but we will he how far that goes - ha-ha. I love to joke and take really long walks on the beach.
Follow my journey as I take you on a wild experience in Shanghai, China!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Thoughts from the Plane: A Journey from the US to China
- First Impressions of Shanghai: Appreciating the Little Things
- Embracing Spontaneity & Starting Class in Shanghai
- Study Abroad Excursions: CAPA Shanghai Explores Beijing
- Learning About Social Class Issues in Shanghai
- Meeting CAPA's President & Exploring the Hidden Gems of Shanghai
- Shanghai Culture: Making Time for Personal Relationships
- A Moment of Reflection in the Garden of ECNU
- Celebrating Birthdays Abroad in Shanghai
- A CAPA Shanghai Excursion to Suzhou
- Exploring Shanghai: Visiting the Bund
- Notes on China's Architecture & Global Infuence
- On Street Food & the Shanghai Museum
- Weekend Trips from Shanghai: Hangzhou