Meet Marte Eggleston, official CAPA blogger in Florence for Spring 2016:
- - -
My name is Marte Eggleston. I am a junior at Indiana University and my major is Journalism with concentrations in Public Relations and Sports Management and Marketing.
I am studying in Florence, Italy this spring! My true passion lies in cooking and eating, which is perfect for studying in Italy. With my passion of cooking, I have to admit that I will probably be writing about all of the wonderful food I will eat and hopefully cook!
I also want to experience everything else that Italy has to offer; I am not afraid of finding my way around in a foreign city. I hope to bring a fresh and insightful perspective on traveling abroad. I do have some experience in foreign countries; I traveled to Malawi, Africa in the summer of 2012. Italy will be an entirely new experience, and I cannot wait to get started.
I'm looking forward to this opportunity!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Preparing to Study Abroad in Florence
- First Impressions of Florence
- Fantastic Food Finds in Florence
- Feeling at Home in Florence: Going for a Run
- Discovering Lizzie McGuire's Rome
- Attending a Soccer Game in Florence
- Cooking Pasta from Scratch (& Thoughts on Food in Italy)
- Study Abroad in Florence: A Halfway Point Check In
- Study Abroad: Tips for Breaking the Language Barrier
- Identity: On Being American Abroad
- Communicating with Home: Finding Balance While Abroad
- Learning About Easter Traditions in Italy
- On the Challenges of Traveling While Abroad
- Changing Tastes & Homemade Meals in Florence
- Personal Development Abroad: Life Lessons from Florence
- 10 Lessons from a Semester in Florence