Meet Cole Taylor, official CAPA blogger in Dublin for Spring 2016:
- - -
My name is Cole Taylor and I am 22-years-old. I come from a fairly large town in Southern Maine, USA. I am a full time, junior student at Lasell College in Newton, Massachusetts studying Journalism and Media Writing.
Thanks to CAPA and the amazing opportunities they provide, I am the official blogger for the spring semester of 2016 in Dublin, Ireland.
The elements I maintain in blogging are realness, descriptiveness, honesty, and humor. I find that blogging is a great way to convey things to people through a vision. I seek to write about countless topics while in Dublin that will both entertain you and educate you about the country as I learn about it myself.
When I am not studying, I am devoting my attention to the 1851 Chronicle (school newspaper), working as a Peer Health Educator, and getting in touch with my creative/assertive side as a Resident Assistant. On weekends and whatever free time I find, I like to write, hang out with friends, go on adventures, spend time with family, etc.
Sports are a huge part of my life; soccer and basketball mostly. However, I enjoy watching all sports on television. Growing up, my family has always been active and competitive—a strong characteristic of mine.
I am full of life and energy. I wholeheartedly believe that life is short and “if you can’t change something, don’t react to it.”
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Maine to Ireland: Chasing My Dream
- Maine to Ireland: Arriving in Dublin
- Maine to Ireland: Using Social Media While Studying Abroad
- Maine to Ireland: Local Supermarkets & Preparing Meals
- Maine to Ireland: A Social Media Analysis Internship Abroad with Olytico
- Maine to Ireland: Financial Prep & Budgeting Abroad
- Maine to Ireland: Long Distance Love
- Maine to Ireland: Roommates - Expectations vs. Reality
- Maine to Ireland: Top 10 Free Apps for Studying Abroad in Dublin
- Maine to Ireland: Guests from Home
- Maine to Ireland: On Travel While Abroad
- Maine to Ireland: Holidays Abroad
- Maine to Ireland: Empowering Women Panel Discussion
- Maine to Ireland: Academics Abroad
- Maine to Ireland: Who Will I Be When I Go Home?
- Maine to Ireland: Exploring Ways to Use My Explorer Fund
- Maine to Ireland: Losing a Loved One While Abroad - An Interview with Tess Reichart
- Maine to Ireland: Top 10 Dublin Restaurant Recommendations
- Maine to Ireland: A Final Farewell & Thank You
- Maine to Ireland: Returning Home