Meet Tommy Sullivan, official CAPA blogger in Buenos Aires for Spring 2016:
- - -
Hello! My name is Tommy Sullivan, and this semester I am studying in Buenos Aires, Argentina, with CAPA at Austral University. My major is Broadcasting and Spanish, with a minor in Latin American studies.
One day, I hope to report on international politics. Until then, I stay busy reading articles online, listening to podcasts and playing piano. I spend a lot of time in the afternoon talking to friends over coffee and even more time late at night listening to music. One of my favorite things to do is ask questions. I am curious about everything.
Stay tuned for posts about my classes and my internship. My plan is to write about the food I eat, the people I meet and the places I go. I want to learn as much as possible about Buenos Aires while I’m in the city and hope to share those lessons on this blog. I will do my best to describe my experiences well enough for you to feel like you’re in Argentina with me.
Thanks for reading!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Pre-Departure Thoughts: Why Study Abroad in Buenos Aires?
- Arriving in Buenos Aires for a Semester Abroad
- Exploring Buenos Aires: First Impressions
- Observations in a Quiet Moment: Palermo, Buenos Aires
- Experiencing Gaucho Lifestyle & Culture in Argentina
- A Weekend at my Host Family's Farm in Argentina
- The Influence of US Culture in Buenos Aires
- Meet a Study Abroad Host Family in Buenos Aires
- Culture Shock and Rainy Days in Buenos Aires
- Attending Church in Buenos Aires
- Discovering the Museums of Buenos Aires
- Exploring the Fairs of Buenos Aires
- Study Abroad in Buenos Aires: The Academics
- Volunteering Abroad in Buenos Aires
- Study Abroad: What's the Food Like in Buenos Aires?
- 10 Words and Phrases I Use All the Time in Buenos Aires
- Lessons I Learned While Studying Abroad in Buenos Aires
- Reflecting on a Semester Abroad in Buenos Aires