Meet Colin Gilbert, an official CAPA blogger in Sydney for spring 2017:
University: University of Pittsburgh
Major: Marketing and Supply Chain Management
Study abroad location: Sydney, Australia
Internship or volunteer placement: TBC
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I’m looking forward to exploring Syndey’s neighborhoods, meeting locals, and trading Pittsburgh’s snow for Bondi’s sand!
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
I enjoy cooking and trying new foods, adventuring with friends, and all things graphic design.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope to stray from my normal tendency to plan everything and live more in the moment, enjoying spontaneous experiences!
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I’d like to establish solid professional networks within Sydney’s marketing and supply chain industries—who knows where I’ll end up after graduating!
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
Plan to expect interesting updates on anything from coffee to classes through a humorous, informative, and slightly sarcastic perspective.
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
GET EXCITED!! I can’t wait to share my Australian adventures with you and hope you’ll be inspired to experience them for yourself!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Study Abroad: Planning for the Unexpected
- Arrival in Sydney: Touching the Runway & Going with the Flow
- How to Navigate Sydney's Public Transportation System
- Must-See Sydney: The Bondi to Coogee Walk
- A Marketing Internship Abroad in Sydney with Marley Spoon
- Adventures Alone: Living For Yourself While Abroad
- Remember: There's a "Study" in Study Abroad
- An International Identity Crisis
- The Sweet Side of Sydney
- Diversity within a Global City: Sydney
- Top 10 Things to Do on a Rainy Day in Sydney
- Exploring Your Local Neighborhood: Ultimo, Sydney
- Aussie Airport Adventures: Traveling Down Under
- Maximizing the Minutes of Studying Abroad
- Departing Down Under: Reflections on a Semester in Sydney