Meet Danielle Thai, an official CAPA blogger in Shanghai for spring 2017:
University: University of Massachusetts Amherst
Major: Resource economics, with a concentration in managerial economics
Study abroad location: Shanghai, China
Internship placement: Vandergeeten
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
During my time abroad, I am most excited to travel and meet new people.
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
Photography, baking, and fashion
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
Personally, I want to immerse myself in the culture and discover my roots since my family is originally from China.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
Through my internship, I hope I will be able to gain a better understanding of the field I want to pursue in the future.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
You can expect many embarrassing stories and many photos.
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
I hope to spark a sense of adventure in my readers and allow them to join me on my upcoming adventures.
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Packing for a Semester Abroad in Shanghai
- 5 Observations of Shanghai Life
- First Thoughts on Classes & an Internship Abroad in Shanghai
- A CAPA Shanghai Trip to Beijing
- A Trip to a Soccer Game and a Lesson on Identity
- Buddhist and Confucian Temples in Shanghai
- Deal or No Deal: Bargaining in Shanghai
- Being Captain for a Day in Century Park
- Finding the Perfect Brunch in China
- Exploring Zhangjiajie: the Land of Avatar
- Exploring Spring Fashion Week 2017 in Shanghai China
- One of China's Most Popular Tourist Destinations: a Trip to Guilin
- Why I Chose to be a CAPA Study Abroad Blogger
- The Top 10 Ways to Document Your Time Abroad as a Student
- Want to Buy This? Interning in Sales in Shanghai
- Visiting the KAWS Exhibit at the Yuz Museum in Shanghai
- Why I'm the Right Kind of Person to Study in Shanghai