Meet Danya Carithers, an official CAPA blogger in Florence for spring 2017:
University: University of Pittsburgh
Study abroad location: Florence, Italy
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
To eat my body weight in Italian food!
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
I love traveling (what a surprise) whether it's to the beach near my hometown or to a country I've never been. I am always listening to music and going to shows on the weekend. My favorite artists at the moment are Tame Impala, King Krule, and 21 Savage. Lastly, I have a new found interest in cooking and attempting new recipes in my kitchen.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I want to come into this program with a completely open mind and come out with new friends, lasting memories, and having travelled all over Italy and other countries.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I plan to network with professionals, to analyze how marketing/advertising differs internationally, and to complete my certificate in International Business.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
I will take you along with me on my various, spontaneous adventures and show you how to maximize your semester experience while minimizing the cost. Oh, and on top of that, how to still do well in classes.
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
I cannot put in words how excited I am to study in Italy and for the new experiences to come!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- When Packing for Italy: Necessity or Not
- Study Abroad in Florence: Accommodation & First Impressions
- Foodie Florence: For Espresso, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- When in Florence: Ancient to Modern Art Museums
- How to Deal with Being Sick While Studying Abroad
- Study Abroad Adventures: A Weekend in Bruges, Belgium
- Study Abroad: Taking Classes in Florence
- 48 Hours in Barcelona
- Tips for Traveling in Europe
- 10 Useful Apps for Studying Abroad
- Having a GANZO Family in Florence: an Interview with Eileen Klawitter
- Exploring Italy's Southern Beaches and Food
- A Few Ways I Made the Most of My Semester Abroad
- Hidden Gems in Florence
- Another Trip South: the Amalfi Coast
- Homecoming After Living Out a Dream