Meet Elizabeth Withers, an official CAPA blogger in Buenos Aires for spring 2017:
University: University of Pittsburgh
Major: Double major in English literature and history & philosophy of science
Study abroad location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
Making new friends!
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
Books, music and plants
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
Improve my Spanish.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
Broaden my knowledge about global politics and economics.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
Music, art, street art, nightlife, history, food, nature, and much more!
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
Thank you for reading. I hope that this blog will at the very least be amusing. But I'm really hoping that it will be useful to you in some way as well.
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Study Abroad in Buenos Aires: What's in my Suitcase(s)?
- Arrival in Recoleta, Buenos Aires
- Around La Boca: a Colorful Neighborhood
- A Trip to Estancia Don Silvano
- Burgers, Books, and Borges (but Mostly Just Wandering!)
- A Weekend in Uruguay: Punta del Este and Casapueblo
- A Visit to the Museo Nacional de Belles Artes
- Milongas in Buenos Aires: Tango
- The Southernmost Point: a Week in Patagonia
- Visiting Tigre, a Lush Island Town
- A Trip to Salta: Seeing Salinas and More
- My 5 Favorite Argentine Phrases
- A Taste of Diversity in Buenos Aires
- A Visit to MALBA in Buenos Aires
- An Interview with Erwin Luchtenberg, Professor of Sociology at Universidad Austral
- An Interview: Meet my Roommate!
- What’s in My Suitcase Part 2: a Reflection on My Time in Buenos Aires
- Coming Home: How Buenos Aires Has Changed Me