Meet Nathan Overlock, an official CAPA blogger in Dublin for spring 2017:
University: Cedarville University
Major: Professional Writing and Information Design
Study abroad location: Dublin, Ireland
Internship or volunteer placement: TBC
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
Getting to explore a brand new city!
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
Writing, traveling, and raising puppies!
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I want to learn to fit in in my new country.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I want to broaden my intercultural communications skills.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
All the experiences, tips and insights of a student living abroad for the first time.
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- My Life in a Suitcase: 3 Helpful Study Abroad Prep Tips
- 7 Steps to Surviving Your First Week Abroad
- First Impressions: Talking to Local Dubliners
- Surprisingly Familiar: Super Bowl Sunday in Dublin
- Celebrating Two Cultures Through Food at the US Ambassador's Residence
- How to Make the Most of Sunny Days in Dublin
- Exploring Ireland's Other Cities: A Trip to Galway, Cork & Killarney
- 5 Unique Study Spots in Dublin
- Outside the City: Exploring Ireland’s Villages and Countryside
- Celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Dublin
- Spending a Weekend in London and Traveling Europe
- 5 Steps to Having Great Craic in Dublin
- The Not-So-Average Day of a CAPA Intern
- Off the Beaten Path: 6 Dublin Gems That are Worth the Detour
- Springtime in the City of Dublin
- From Belfast, Maine to Belfast, Ireland
- A Miniguide to the Griffith College Neighborhood
- So You Want to Study at an Irish College?
- Make the Most of Your Time Abroad: 5 Time Management Tips for Study Abroad Students
- Reminiscing on My Time in Dublin and Making More Memories