Meet Kelly Allen, an official CAPA blogger in London for spring 2018:
University: University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
Major: Journalism with a Minor in Fashion
Study abroad location: London, England
Internship or volunteer placement: Social Media Marketing Intern for MLML London
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
Honestly, I’m extremely excited for it all—exploring the streets of London, being immersed in the fashion world through my internship, learning about British film and pop culture through my courses. I can’t wait!
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
Writing, fashion and photography.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope to become less directionally-challenged and be able to navigate London as if I’ve lived there my whole life. Or, at least, be able to sort of know my way around without a GPS by the end.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope to learn more about all aspects of the fashion industry so that I can write about fashion with more knowledge in the future.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
Coffee. There will be a lot of coffee talk. You can also look forward to reading about film, fashion, culture, history, architecture, and the hidden treasures of London that are unknown to the common tourist (along with those that are well-known).
Anything else you’d like to say to people watching for the first time?
I hope you all enjoy reading about my time in London as much as I enjoy sharing it with you!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- London is Where I Want To Be
- Arriving with a Sense of Curiosity
- Observing London with All of My Senses
- A Social Media and Marketing Internship at a Fashion Label in London
- Living Like a Londoner: A Day at My Internship
- Missing London Each Time I Travel
- Shoreditch: Discovering Art and Beyond
- 7 Must-Try Coffee Shops in London
- My Experience at the London Fashion Week Festival 2018
- Representing the U.S. While Blending in as a Londoner
- God's Own Junkyard: One of London's Hidden Gems
- 5 Ways to Live in London on a Student Budget
- What It's Like to Be a Journalism Student and Magazine Lover Across the Pond