Meet Rashad Williams, official CAPA blogger in Shanghai for summer 2015:
- - -
I am a rising junior at Hampton University studying Strategic Communications and Political Science, with a concentration in Pre-Law. Aside from maintaining a 3.3 GPA, I'm a member of the Freddye T. Davy Honors College and have been a Dean’s List student from the moment I arrived at Hampton. My work experience includes working as a 2015 Sales Associate Intern with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, serving as a Community Service Technician at Universal Mental Health Services, and serving as a Crew Trainer at McDonalds, a job that I have kept since June of 2011. I am also heavily involved in extracurricular activities on-campus. Not only do I serve as a 3x elected Class President, but I am also a National Hampton Alumni Endowed Scholar, a member of the Freddye T. Davy Honors College, and a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated.
I am an aspiring attorney with a passion for black history and advocacy, as it pertains to civil and human rights. I hope to one day serve as a politician and eventually work in International Affairs after pursuing a Juris Doctor/Masters of Public Policy joint-degree at a tier 1 law school. In my spare time, I enjoy listening to music, drawing, writing poetry, visiting museums and cooking. My hometown is Raleigh, NC, but this summer, I have the opportunity to study and intern abroad in Shanghai, China, as a Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholar.
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Study Abroad in Shanghai: The Pre-Departure Process
- First Impressions of Shanghai and Learning to Adapt
- Experiencing Life in the Global City of Shanghai
- Study Abroad in Shanghai: Lessons from the Classroom and Beyond
- Study Abroad: A Day in the Life of a Shanghai Intern
- 5 Common Stereotypes About China (And What It's Really Like)
- A Shanghai Study Abroad Survival Guide
- Homecoming After Summer Studying Abroad in Shanghai