Meet Matthew, an official CAPA blogger in Sydney for summer 2016:
- - -
University: Morehouse College
Major: Political Science (Economics minor)
Study abroad location: Sydney, Australia
Internship placement: The Fundraising People
What are you most excited for during your study abroad summer?
I am most ecstatic about seeing the land, meeting the local people, and last but not least, interacting with the animals!
What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Bicycling in all types of terrain, reading about all sorts of different subjects, and exploring all different kinds of music.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I wish to walk away with a fairly complex understanding of how the political system works in Australia, moreover how the government institutions here effect the Australian people and society.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I am challenging myself to increase my operational capacity by completing multiple tasks and/or projects within a given business day or week.
What can we look forward to reading about in your blog posts?
With each post, I will strive to tell a story and let you as the reader form your own impressions. Including elements not normally covered, I hope to incorporate unique conversations and interactions that will focus on the overall connectivity between American society and Australian society and the stark differences between the two.
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading along for the first time?
This is my first time publicly blogging so bear with me! And I truly hope my words will wrap your mind around international exposure and inspire you to think of yourself as a global citizen.
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Making the Decision to Study Abroad
- Study Abroad in Sydney: Arrival and Orientation
- Interning Abroad in Sydney with The Fundraising People: The First Few Days
- On Financing & Budgeting for Study Abroad: Setting Expectations
- Exploring the Magical Scenery of Australia's Blue Mountains
- Learning About Human Rights & Government Policy in Sydney
- Matthew's Top 10 Favorite Places in Sydney
- Sydney for the Senses: City Observations
- A Reflection on Study Abroad, Race & Changing Perceptions of the US