Meet Shanell Peterson, official CAPA blogger in Dublin for Summer 2016:
- - -
University: South Dakota State University
Study abroad location: Dublin, Ireland
Internship placement: Youth Nation
What are you most excited for during your study abroad summer?
I am excited to step out of my comfort zone and meet new people. It’s a cliché answer, but it is 100% accurate. I am certain that this experience will help me grow in more ways than I can imagine.
What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I really enjoy fashion, keeping up with current events/learning new things, and—obviously—traveling!
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope I learn how to relax and have fun! To be quite honest, I’m a very anxious person. I’m hoping the Irish teach me how to enjoy life a little more. And who would be better equipped to do just that than the people known for being the friendliest in the world?
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I would like to learn the ins and outs of the marketing industry. I am confident that Youth Nation, parent company of TeenTimes.com and CollegeTimes.com and my internships site, will help me do just that.
What can we look forward to reading about in your blog posts?
Expect to read a lot about the experiences I have with the people of Ireland! I would like to do a feature on Irish street-fashion as well as a piece about a local’s life in the country.
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading along for the first time?
If you’ve stumbled upon this blog, that means you have an interest in travel. Don’t be afraid to satisfy your wanderlust every chance you get.
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- 6 Worries I Have as I Depart for Dublin (And How I'm Reducing Them)
- 7 Tips I've Learned from my Ireland Experience So Far
- Why I chose Ireland & Why I'm Glad Ireland Chose Me
- Study Abroad in Dublin: A Shopping & Restaurant Guide
- 10 Things Ireland Does Better (& 10 Things It Doesn't)
- Study Abroad in Dublin: 6 Cliffs of Moher & Kylemore Abbey Bus Tour Tips
- A Definitive Ranking of Everywhere I've Been This Summer
- Study Abroad: A Day in My Dublin Life
- Study Abroad: 8 Things I Bought in Dublin
- 10 Reasons I'll Return to Ireland