Meet Cat Gloria, an official CAPA blogger in Dublin for summer 2017:
University: University of Florida
Study abroad location: Dublin, Ireland
Internship or volunteer placement: TBC
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I am most excited to travel to another country for the first time and absorb the culture. I can't wait to explore not only the city, but the people and write about it!
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
Dancing, writing and most of all... eating.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I want to gain a new perspective on life through the experience I am about to have.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I will expand my knowledge through this grant and through my internship.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
My take on Dublin's culture, food and people. Also my overall adaption to the lifestyle of the city as an American living in Ireland.
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
I have no doubt this trip is going to change my life in a huge way, so my blog is my way of documenting and sharing my journey.
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- How to Pack When Traveling Abroad
- My First Impressions of Very Green Dublin
- Ireland’s Single Story
- A Review of the Taste of Dublin
- My Favorite Class at CAPA: Irish Cinema
- Terrorism and Studying Abroad: the Reality
- Top 10 Hidden Gems of Dublin: Foodie Edition
- Dogs of Dublin: a Deeper Look into Some of the City’s Hippest Dogs
- My Fascinating Trip to Christiania in Copenhagen
- My Time Interning at Olytico
- A Trip to Dingle, County Kerry
- The Things I'll Take With Me from My Second Home