Meet Madeline Messina, an official CAPA blogger in Dublin for summer 2017:
University: University of Florida
Major: Advertising with a minor in French and Francophone Studies
Study abroad location: Dublin, Ireland
Internship or volunteer placement: Guaranteed Irish
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
Iam most excited to meet people from around Dublin and learn about the Irish culture!
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
I love to play music (guitar, piano, ukulele, and violin), draw and paint, and learn new languages! I speak French and am currently learning German.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope to branch out from the American group and not stick with what is most comfortable. I hope that this will help me even when I get home, because not only will I have better and more diverse experiences, but I will also be more independent.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I want to learn about how advertising is different around the globe. I also want to be more worldly and aware of global issues whilst in my field.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
Look forward to reading about cultural differences, solo travel, and must-see Dublin attractions!
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
I'm so glad you decided to join me on this journey! I hope that you learn a lot from my travels. Hopefully it inspires you to also go out and see the world yourself!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Returning to Europe and Reflecting on the Importance of Study Abroad
- The Kindness of the Irish: Dublin's First Impressions
- The Differences and Benefits of Interning Dublin
- Seeing the Priceless Parts of Ireland
- A Dublin Foodie's Paradise: Where to Eat
- Music Culture in Dublin
- Living Abroad: Rooms, Roommates, and More
- Top 10 Best DART Trips to Take From Dublin
- How to be a Flâneur in your Global City
- CAPA Global Education Events: Sites That a Dublin Local Would Visit
- The Top 5 Trips I took Outside of Dublin
- My Top 10 Takeaways from My Experience in Dublin