Meet Maita Ankrum, an official CAPA blogger in London for summer 2 2017:
University: University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Study abroad location: London, England
Internship or volunteer placement: Anatomie
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I am most excited for the personal growth that I am going to experience during my study abroad program.
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
I love photography, running and finding new coffee shops to enjoy.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
A personal goal I have for myself is to not be afraid of trying something new. I want to take in everything and anything London has to offer to me!
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
A professional goal I have for myself would be to take on any task as if it were something I love doing. Anything can be enjoyable, and done to your greatest ability with the right mindset. Mind over matter
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
You can look forward to my journey into seeking the best cup of coffee through my abroad experience. I am a coffee fanatic and am hoping London can live up to my Latte expectations.
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
I'm so excited for the opportunity to be a CAPA blogger and can't wait to share my journey and experiences with all of you! I appreciate you taking the time to read my posts, thank you!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Thoughts and Feelings Before Study Abroad
- Exploring My New Neighborhood with My Flatmates in London
- Learning in London: CAPA's My Global Education Events
- Why Changing My Daily Routine to Study Abroad was Worth It
- What My Internship Has Taught Me About My Career
- Loving London Latte's: My Top 10 Picks
- The Moment I Knew I Became a Londoner
- Study Abroad Won't Be Easy, but It Will Be Worth It