Meet Shayanna Roman, an official CAPA blogger in Sydney for summer 2017:
University: SUNY New Paltz
Major: Public Relations with an Art minor
Study abroad location: Sydney, Australia
Internship or volunteer placement: Mashay
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
To meet new people and visit Sydney's famous landmarks (and beaches of course)!
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
I love to draw, write poetry and I've also recently taken up photography.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I definitely want to grow as a person. I plan to push myself to go outside my comfort zone and remain open to all the new experiences and people that await me in Australia.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I would like to get a better idea of what specific field within Public Relations I want to pursue a career in.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
Beaches, art and LOTS of dessert.
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
Get ready! I can't wait to share my study abroad adventure with you all!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Pre-Departure Blunders: Major Don’ts for Departure
- Living Down Under- Challenges and Culture Shock
- Falling Head Over Heels for My Internship at Mashay (Literally)
- (Surprisingly) Missing Home in Sydney
- New Friends at the Taronga Zoo
- My Top 10 Sydney Eats
- My Last Weekend in Sydney: Organizing a Mashay Event
- On Being Thankful for the Opportunity of a Lifetime