Meet Skylee Lawton, an official CAPA blogger in Sydney for summer 2017:
University: SUNY Oswego
Major: Public Relations
Study abroad location: Sydney, Australia
Internship or volunteer placement: Food Faith
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I am most excited about being in another part of the world that I haven't explored yet. This will be the farthest I have ever traveled and will be the first time that I travel by myself.
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
I love to dance, eat, watch movies and go on adventures!
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
A personal goal I want to achieve is to be more independent.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
A professional goal I want to achieve is to successfully complete a public relations or event program.
What can we look forward to reading about in your posts?
I love to adventure and try new things so in my blogs, I plan writing about my visits different boutiques, cafes, and both tourist and non-tourist places. I also plan on traveling to the islands and areas around Australia. I will describe what the process is like to travel from one foreign country to another, and what those other places are like.
Anything else you’d like to say to people reading for the first time?
I hope I can be insightful to my readers and give interesting reviews about what to do and where to go in Sydney.
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Thoughts and Feelings Before Heading Down Under
- My First Taste of Sydney: Expectations vs. Reality
- Interning in a Unique Industry: My Time With FoodFaith
- How Not to Get Sick and What to do if You Already Are
- A Journey to New Zealand: Auckland and Queenstown
- Finding my Favorite Excursion: an Overnight in the Zoo
- How I Have Changed Since Being Here: the Difference Between
- The Top 10 Best Things I have Done, Seen, and Eaten in Sydney