Meet Nicole Anderson, an official CAPA vlogger in Sydney for fall 2017:
University: Villanova University
Major: Marketing & International Business
Study abroad location: Sydney, Australia
Internship or volunteer placement: TEG
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I'm excited to meet tons of interesting people, go on weekend trips & learn how to surf!
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
I'm passionate about documentary film and photography (check out my instagram page @explorenicole!), foreign language study (I speak Spanish, and am currently teaching myself French and Malagasy), and I'm vegan!
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
My personal goal to explore every little hole-in-the-wall coffee cafe, bookstore, and live music venue in the city.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I'm interested in predictive and prescriptive analytics - how business executives use large sets of data to make smart business decisions that improve lives of entire populations - so my goal is to take advantage of the opportunity of working with the incredible data science and commercial/marketing teams at TEG and ask lots of questions!
What can we look forward to seeing in your videos?
Rumor has it the Hemsworth brothers will be making an appearance... Or maybe not... But tune in anyway...
Anything else you’d like to say to people watching for the first time?
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail! (ok so maybe Ralph Waldo Emerson said it, but I agree)
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Packing for Study Abroad in Sydney
- Study Abroad Accommodation in Sydney
- What My Study Abroad Schedule In Sydney Looks Like
- Sydney Coffee Culture
- An Inside Look at the Sydney Opera House
- Where We Go to Study: A Tour of CAPA Sydney
- What It's Like to Intern Abroad in Sydney
- Spending a Very Special Spring Break Abroad
- Immersing Myself in the Beauty of Sydney
- A Sleepover at Taronga Zoo
- Top 10 Places to Visit in Sydney Using Public Transportation
- On the Spot: A Sydney Local Asks Me About Australia
- Getting the Most Out of Our Internships in Sydney