Meet Sarah Hanegan, an official CAPA vlogger in Shanghai for fall 2017:
University: Lasell College
Major: Fashion Retail and Merchandising
Study abroad location: Shanghai, China
Internship or volunteer placement: ParkLu
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I am most excited about learning hands on about my major through my internship and also learning as much as I can about Chinese culture.
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
Traveling, Finding "off the beaten path" restaurants, and Going to the beach.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I want to get out of my comfort zone, since this is my first time to Asia, and really immerse myself in the culture.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I want to gain a sense of "real life" through my internship that will help me decide my path post graduation.
What can we look forward to seeing in your videos?
My adventures through Shangahi and me trying to not look completly like a tourist.
Anything else you’d like to say to people watching for the first time?
I hope to encourage students to go out of their comfort zones and pick a study abroad location that is not so traditional.
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Prepping to Study Abroad in Shanghai
- Tour of My Study Abroad Accommodation in Shanghai
- A Tranquil Day at Yu Garden in Shanghai
- My Visit to the Shanghai Propaganda Poster Art Centre
- 10 Unexpected Things I Needed to Pack
- The Different Types of Food I Tried in Shanghai
- Savoring Shanghai: 2017 West Bund Food Festival
- Trekking the Glorious Mount Huangshan in China
- How My Classes Abroad are Different
- Keeping the Dream Alive at Shanghai Disneyland
- A Shopper's Paradise: Exploring the Fake Market in Shanghai
- How I Recovered After Falling Sick Abroad
- 3 Days in Beijing
- Influencer Marketing, Social Media, and Work Culture in China