CAPA RGB Logo

Meet Azalea Brown: Official CAPA Florence Instagram TV Vlogger Fall 2019

Aug 17, 2019 1:30:00 PM / by Azalea Brown

Azalea BrownMeet Azalea Brown, an official CAPA Instagram TV vlogger in Florence, Italy for Fall 2019:

University: Riverside Community College
Major: English
Study Abroad Location: Florence, Italy
Internship or volunteer placement:  N/A

What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
This isn’t just a trip to Florence, Italy, I’ll be living and going to school in a strange place with people that aren’t related to me and it’s going to be scary—but also very exciting. Out of everything I’ll be doing while I’m there, the most exciting part will probably be the traveling and the classes I’ll be taking. I’m excited to see how my professors are going to incorporate the Italian setting but also shake things up in the classroom because we won’t be working on traditional coursework. It will be interesting to see how everything is going to work out and come together in the end.

What are three of your hobbies and interests?
During my free time I like to write stories or read fictional books, and when I have time I like to edit and make videos. It is fun when I start to create something and it all comes together the way I like it. One experience I fondly think of is when I was living in Pasadena, CA, my mother would take me to an art studio that kids would go to after school once a week. I was taking a projection, stop motion class and myself and another girl had to take cut-out pictures from magazines and create a story through stop motion. We found a bridal magazine and created “The Revenge of the Bald Brides”.

What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
While I’m traveling, a friend and I are going to get tattoos. I posted a poll on Instagram between doing something crazy with my hair or getting a tattoo; 74% voted tattoo and the other 26% voted hair. I think it will be interesting to figure out where to go and have that experience with your friends in a foreign place.

What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I hope that while I am in Florence I can learn more about writing and storytelling. It is a passion of mine to write and I hope that I can learn from my advisors and the people I meet and work with. I hope while I’m in Italy I can find inspiration from music and art while having fun and writing.

What can we look forward to seeing in your videos?
I have tons of ideas on how I am going to make my vlogs interesting and colorful. Look forward to lots of food, travel, and regular day-to-day shots of my friends and I living and traveling around Florence and Europe.

Anything else you’d like to say to people watching for the first time?
I cannot wait to start this journey and have people watch and join me!


Learn More about the CAPA Florence Program

Topics: Florence, Italy