Meet Ashley Moon, CAPA's Official Vlogger for Spring semester 2014:
“My name is Ashley Marie Moon and I am a student at Howard Payne University; a private college located in central Texas. This spring, I am studying abroad in London, England for the second time. I previously studied here in Spring 2013, during my second semester of college. I am a media artist. My skills include photography, videography, writing, and graphic design. I am a communication major and a journalism minor.
In my volgs, I will be aiming to show my viewers why I love London so much. I want to bring out the diversity and excitement of the city while also illustrating the history and tradition that is still prevalent. When I first arrived, London was not at all what I expected. However, it did not take long for me to fall in love. London is a magical place and I hope my viewers will see this through my videos as they gain a greater understanding of what London is all about. I hope to pursue a career in either journalism or advertising through my media skills. I’m extremely inquisitive, very persistent and way too ambitious. I love coffee, art and people.
Below are links to each of Ashley’s weekly vlogs on CAPA World:
- Vlog 1: Study Abroad: Why London?
- Vlog 2: A Semester in London: All Settled In
- Vlog 3: A CAPA London Adventure to Stonehenge and Bath
- Vlog 4: English Language Differences in the US vs the UK
- Vlog 5: On Spending Holidays Abroad
- Vlog 6: A Photography Internship in a London Artist Community
- Vlog 7: A CAPA Study Abroad Weekend in Paris
- Vlog 8: A London Commute
- Vlog 9: Celebrating London’s St. Patrick’s Day with an Irish Host Family
- Vlog 10: A trip to Hampstead in North London
- Vlog 11: Adventures and Misadventures in Brighton
- Vlog 12: 5 Annoying Habits of Tube Passengers in London
- Vlog 13: London’s International Pillow Fight Day
- Vlog 14: Goodbye London: Reflections on a Study Abroad Semester