Meet Carly Wickham, official CAPA vlogger in London for Spring 2016:
- - -
My name is Carly Wickham. I’m currently a sophomore studying Journalism with minors in political communications and history at Emerson College in Boston. I’m from a suburb of Philadelphia, but in January I’ll be jetting off for an amazing semester in London. I’m so excited to immerse myself in one of the journalism capitals of the world!
After college, I hope to pursue a career in broadcast journalism, and more specifically political satire! I love making people laugh, and I think satire is such an interesting way to combine my interests in politics, history, television, and making people smile. I have many other hobbies and interests outside of school including photography, theatre, knitting, being outdoors, and playing with my puppy. I’m going to miss her so much while I’m overseas!
Each week you’ll be able to see my vlogs all about my time in London. I’ll be sharing my thoughts on traveling, living, eating and experiencing the city the best way I can!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Why I chose to Study Abroad in London
- Lessons From the CAPA London Study Abroad Orientation
- London Neighborhood Guide: Shepherd's Bush
- Baking Scones in London
- A Free Visit to the Tower of London
- A Day in the Life of a CAPA London Student
- How Different is Grocery Shopping in London?
- Understanding Multicultural London
- How to Spring Break in Germany
- Theater Abroad: Les Mis in London's West End
- A CAPA London Excursion to Kenilworth Castle & Stratford-upon-Avon
- How WWII Shaped London
- Staying in Touch with Home
- The Perks of Studying Abroad in London - a Global City
- Classes Abroad in London
- Study Abroad in London: The Things I Will Miss
- Reflection on a Semester Abroad in London