Meet Michela Mickaluck, an official CAPA vlogger in Dublin for spring 2017:
University: State University of New York at Oswego (SUNY Oswego)
Major: Public relations with a focus in marketing and a minor in business administration
Study abroad location: Dublin, Ireland
Internship placement: Dress for Success
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I’m most excited to get out of my comfort zone, experience new food and people and my internship. I can’t wait to make new friends. I’m eager to see how my lifestyle will change in a new country.
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
Gosh I’m passionate about so much, how do I choose…
1. Cooking & Baking- I’m looking forward to trying new Irish recipes and giving them a healthier twist.
2. YouTubing @missmichelakay - A great way to be creative and share content.
3. Living with a minimalistic mindset. I’m consciously trying to live simply in order to be intentional with money and be present for my experiences! This will definitely come in handy when I’m abroad.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I want to take my blinders off and grow emotionally and professionally and prove that I can do this! I can’t wait to make life-long friends in Ireland.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I’m hopeful that my internship will be an enriching experience, giving me an international perspective. I’m graduating a semester early so I need this competitive edge!
What can we look forward to seeing in your videos?
Videos that I enjoy watching most are about lifestyle, so you can expect that from me. Anything involving new culture, food, health and events are topics I love to discuss. I want to make viewers feel like they’re right beside me!
Anything else you’d like to say to people watching for the first time?
Welcome, welcome, welcome! Thank you for catching a glimpse of my life and my study abroad adventure in Dublin; let’s see what we’ll discover!
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- How to Prepare for Study Abroad - My Top 10 Tips
- A Dublin Dorm Room Tour
- A My Global Education Visit to Dublin's Croke Park
- Vlog: Foodie Dublin - Temple Bar Food Market
- Dublin's Street Style: 3 Outfits
- A Book of Kells Tour in Dublin
- Dublin Shopping Tips - Grafton Street
- Vlog: a Day Trip from Dublin to Howth
- Going Outside of the Classroom
- A Day Around Bray, Ireland
- Wandering around Kilkenny, Glendalough, and Wicklow
- Weekend Travels from Dublin to Wales, U.K.
- Cliffs of Moher and Galway
- CAPA Council Trip to the President's House and Phoenix Park
- Gaelic Culture in Dublin: Gaelic Football and Croke Park
- What My Semester Looks Like: Classes and a CAPA Internship
- On a Budget: Grocery Shopping in Dublin
- How to Use the DART to Malahide Castle & Town
- Last Minute to-do's in Ireland
- Life Back in the US After Life Abroad in Dublin