Meet Niah Humphrey, an official CAPA vlogger in Buenos Aires for spring 2017:
University: Auburn University
Major: Communication major with a minor in Spanish
Study abroad location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Internship or volunteer placement: TBC
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I am most excited for the challenge that will come with me totally immersing myself in a new culture for the semester. I have recently learned that without being challenged in many areas and taking chances, you will not reach your full potential. I can’t wait to be challenged in classes, my internship and also with the language barrier. I know this will be a very beneficial experience.
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
I love reading a good book, exploring new places/going on adventures and watching my favorite TV shows.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
One personal goal that I would love to achieve while abroad is coming back to the US almost, if not fluent, in Spanish. That is a huge goal in my life in general.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
One professional goal I hope to achieve while abroad is making a mark on whatever organization I intern with. I hope that I will be able represent myself, as well as Auburn University well while I’m there, and that I will be a face they won’t soon forget.
What can we look forward to watching in your videos?
I will definitely say that you can look forward to seeing a lot of creativity in my videos. I love watching different vlogs and seeing how they specifically film and edit because it really excites me, so I hope I display the same creativity in mine.
Anything else you’d like to say to people watching for the first time?
I’d like to thank everyone who has taken the time to watch these vlogs. I work and will continue to work very hard on them. I absolutely love doing these and I hope they will encourage you to study abroad in the future.
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- 10 Tips to Prepare for Study Abroad
- An Autobus Tour in Buenos Aires
- A Homestay Tour in Buenos Aires
- A Walk Around Puerto Madero
- Dealing with Homesickness: a Weekend Away in Uruguauy
- Exploring One of CAPA's Core Values in Buenos Aires
- A Day in My Life in Buenos Aires: Niah Humphrey
- A Week with my Mom in Buenos Aires
- How to Get Around Buenos Aires on Public Transportation
- Observations of Buenos Aires Through My Senses
- La Bomba de Teimpo: Culture in Buenos Aires
- Global Cities Class Trip to Palacio Borolo
- A Taste of Home at Jay's American Restaurant
- Vlog: A Trip to Iguazu Falls
- Argentine Style and Volunteer Day
- Vlog: a Farewell Dinner in Buenos Aires
- Vlog: My Homecoming and How I've Grown