Meet Sarah Kaplan, an official CAPA vlogger in Dublin for spring 2017:
University: Clark University
Major: Screen studies with a concentration in film/media production
Study abroad location: Dublin, Ireland
Internship or volunteer placement: TBC
What are you most excited for during your study abroad semester?
I am most excited about experiencing a new culture (living, working and studying there) and having the opportunity to learn from new people.
What are three of your hobbies and interests?
I love taking pictures, traveling and seeing live performances.
What’s one personal goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
While I am abroad, I hope to become more well-rounded person. I have traveled outside of the US before but never to Europe. I want to become a better traveler and a more self-sufficient.
What’s one professional goal you hope to achieve while abroad?
I want to expand my knowledge of film and media production. Being in a field that is inherently international, I want to learn from people outside of the United States and bring their knowledge back to my future projects here.
What can we look forward to seeing in your videos?
I want to show Dublin in a creative way. I want to be able to show people local places as well as tourist spots. I am a visual person, so don’t expect me to tell you about my experience but rather show you.
Anything else you’d like to say to people watching for the first time?
I hope you enjoy my content! I will make a point to show what is happening around the city as well as Griffith College. I want my content to be relevant and relatable.
As each new post goes up, we'll share the links below, so bookmark this page:
- Study Abroad Pre-Departure Thoughts & Feelings
- Arrival in Dublin & First Impressions
- Discovering Dublin's Neighborhoods: Smithfield
- A Trip to the Dublin Zoo
- A Day in the Life of a CAPA Dublin Student
- A Day Trip to Killarney
- Vlog: Grocery Shopping in Dublin
- Traditional Music in Ireland
- Things to do in Ireland During Mid-Term Break
- Tasting European Sweets
- Vlog: They Do Things Different in Ireland
- Spring Adventures in Amsterdam
- Preparing Yourself for an Interview
- Vlog: a Dublin Student Goes to London
- Vlog: a CAPA Trip to Belfast
- Rock of Cashel and Blarney Castle
- My Top Travel Tips and Tricks
- Adventures in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Transportation Options in Dublin
- Reviewing the Past 4 Months in Dublin