We follow Wright State University senior Kenny Burr on a semester abroad with CAPA International Education in London.
- – -
I live in New York and go to Wright State University, which is in Dayton, Ohio. Spring semester 2014 is my last one before graduation. I am completing a major in political science and a minor in international studies. Being in London is an awesome way to wrap up college! This is my first trip abroad. It is also the first time that a student from Wright State who is in a wheelchair has studied abroad for a full semester. And, I am the first student at CAPA’s London center in a wheelchair as well. So, I am being a ground-breaker on a number of fronts, which often happens to me because I like to push the envelope.
Below is a list of Kenny’s blog posts, to be updated with each new chapter of his story:
- Post 1: On Studying Abroad and Navigating London in a Wheelchair
- Post 2: On Being “Home”, Visiting Museums and Transportation
- Post 3: A CAPA Study Abroad Trip to Paris on Two Wheels
- Post 4: Spinning and Accessibility in Spain
- Post 5: Watching Football and Rugby from a Wheelchair in Two London Stadiums
- Post 6: Meeting Benedict Cumberbatch and other London Study Abroad Adventures
- Post 7: On Accessible Accommodation and Socializing in London
- Post 8: Accessibility at CAPA London and Stair Climber Adventures
- Post 9: On British Food, Cambridge and Saying Goodbye to London