Meet Emily Kearns, a CAPA Florence alumna who will be sharing her post-study abroad world with us in a monthly CAPA World column about how the city still influences her life today.
Hello! I’m Emily and I am so excited to be writing again for CAPA World as a CAPA study abroad alumna. I studied abroad in Florence during the spring of 2015 and could not have asked for a more life-changing and amazing three and a half months. Through my travels, I learned more about the world as a whole, my peers, my passions, and most importantly — myself. Each and every day I reminisce about my time in the beautiful city of Florence and I long to return there soon.
I am currently in my last semester at the University of Pittsburgh, where I’m studying communication and business. Though I’m not completely sure what my future plans are (who really is, anyways?), I do know that I would love to somehow incorporate my passions for writing, photography, and travel in my future career.
Through this column, "Remembering Florence", I hope to share my memories, experiences, and post-study abroad knowledge with past, current, and future study abroad students. Since study abroad was the most impactful experience of my life thus far, I hope that my passion and love for the city of Florence, and study abroad in general, shine through the words that I write.
Links for each post will be listed here so bookmark this page!
- 6 Florence Instagram Accounts to Inspire Nostalgia & Wanderlust
- Remembering Florence: What I thought I'd Miss vs What I Really Miss
- How Study Abroad Led To My Senior Year Success
- A Taste of Italy: Cooking My Favorite Italian Pasta Dish - Gnocchi alla Sorrentina
- My First Post-Study-Abroad Voyage
- 5 Sites to Prepare You For Study Abroad
- 4 Lessons Study Abroad Taught Me
- On Moving Away from Home
- From CAPA Student to CAPA Staff: Seeing "The Other Side" of Study Abroad
- On the Importance of Study Abroad Friends
- A Taste of Italy: Fresh Homemade Pasta
- 4 Awesome Day Trips from Florence
- Emily's Top 5 Travel Instagram Accounts to Follow
- A Taste of Italy: Bolognese Sauce
- 4 Things I Wish I Did Differently During my Time Abroad
- Photo Roundup: 8 Pictures that Bring Me Back
- 5 Little Pieces of Advice for Studying Abroad in Florence
- 10 Awesome Apps for Studying Abroad in Florence
- If I Had One More Day in Florence
- 6 Reasons Why I Chose to Study Abroad in Florence
- 10 Questions for CAPA Florence Alumna (and My Former Roommate) Rachel Epner