Do you use Pinterest to track places you want to go, gather inspiration and share ideas? If you're studying abroad in Sydney, we've rounded up 10 boards to follow! Also, have you read our post on 10 Ways to Use Pinterest for Study Abroad?
1. AUSTRALIAN ABORIGINAL ART. When you study abroad in Sydney, you'll have the opportunity to see some original aboriginal art. This board, compiled by Art Addict NL will give you a taste of different styles, colors and patterns found in the work. There are also some images of artists painting.
2. SYDNEY FOOD + SHOPS + STOPS. Sydney-based pinner Donna Vercoe shares some of her favorite places in this CAPA global city, primarily covering restaurants and cafes (especially new openings), shops (from clothes to homeware) and other little nooks and cranies worth exploring.
3. OLD SYDNEY. History buffs studying abroad in Sydney will love the images on Peter Brown's board. All of the photos have years and locations listed in the descriptions like Sydney dockside in 1856, Oxford Street in Paddington in 1920 and a photo of demolishing Princes St for the Sydney Harbour bridge.
4. SCULPTURE BY THE SEA. Art lover Lauren-Rose Hastie visits the popular Sculpture by the Sea festival every year. This board includes more of Australia than just Sydney, but there's plenty from our CAPA global city here too. Scroll through her 400+ pins to see the diversity of creative ideas this event inspires.
5. VIVID SYDNEY. Like Sculpture by the Sea, Vivid Sydney is always popular among CAPA study abroad students as they watch the city light up in bright colors. Pinner Akihiro Oka has curated this board with some of his favorite images from this atmospheric event over the years.
6. STREET ART SYDNEY. Great Street Art has dedicated this board to Sydney's street art scene, sharing a sample of art pieces from around the city. From yarn bombing to posters to spray-painted murals, there's plenty of variety in the creativity found on Sydney's streets.
7. SYDNEY EATS DRINKS SLEEPS. Amber, a pinner based in Sydney, has created a board dedicated to her favorite places (especially food) and other finds for your bucket list. From a book called Urban Sydney to read on a rainy day to mini lobster rolls at the Coogee Pavilion to The Grounds pop up at Tamarama Beach, there's plenty here to keep you busy.
8. SYDNEY AUSTRALIA. Caz and Craig from the popular yTravel blog have set up a board to map out their recommendations around Sydney so you can search by location. They also pin articles about the best places to camp around Sydney and on spending a weekend in the Blue Mountains among other topics. For another general mapped board of Sydney hot spots, see Sydney Eats Guide by Melting Butter.
9. SYDNEY. The folks over at City Is Yours have compiled their travel bucket list for Sydney - the restaurants, shops and cafes they'd love to visit. There's also some excellent photography of the city to be found here. For another overview see the Sydney board by Nomads Hostels.
10. STUDY IN SYDNEY. This is the CAPA International Education board that focuses on the global city of Sydney and all it has to offer our study abroad students, from little hidden gems to parks, markets, cemeteries, shops, cafes and more. You'll also find images from some talented photographers here.
What are your favorite Sydney boards on Pinterest? Do you have one of your own? Share your links in a comment!